What is Shotcrete?
A method of applying concrete at a high velocity primarily on a vertical or overhead surface. The impact created by the application consolidates the concrete. Although the cured properties of shotcrete are similar to those of conventional cast-in-place concrete, the nature of the placement process results in excellent bond with most substrates, and rapid or instant capabilities, particularly on complex forms or shapes. SAK Builders primarily uses the wet-mix process, the wet mix process mixes all ingredients, including water, before introduction into the delivery hose.
When is Shotcrete used:
It is used when it brings value to your project, this can include significant time and monetary savings to make your project an overall success. A wide variety of projects can benefit from this placement method such as substructure construction, retaining walls, tunnels, bridges, repairs, seismic upgrade, etc. The finish is also versatile meeting the needs of any project. Finishes can include trowel, float, broom, carved, form-liner, sponge, board form, etc.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of shotcrete can include:
- Significant schedule savings, reduced form rental/form build-out.
- Decreasing volume and fluctuation of manpower throughout different stages of a project.
- Reducing or eliminating the need for patchwork by eliminating form ties and slurry bleed.
- Eliminating form joints and providing a more consistent and visually uniform product.
How SAK Builders can Assist with your Next Project
- With an extensive background of complete concrete scopes, SAK Builders can be involved in preconstruction planning to assist in cost/schedule benefit analysis using Shotcrete.
- SAK Builders can target where Shotcrete can be utilized in lieu of more traditional Cast-In-Place methods.
- SAK Builders can help guide the project through the process required by any jurisdiction throughout the duration of the shotcrete scope.
About SAK Builders shotcrete division
- Equipment: Our shotcrete division uses reliable, well maintained, and ACI compliant equipment.
- Manpower: Our crew consist of Union ACI certified nozzlemen combined with other various team members that bring a specialized skill set to make any project a success.